Friday 19 October 2012

Future is in your hands

An young man disappointed with his life, went to a fortune teller and requested: "Sir, I want to know about my future. Please find out and tell me." 

The fortune teller drew two circles on the floor side by side, one white and the other black. Then he placed a dead ant at some distance and said, "I will utter certain 'mantras' now and the ant will start moving. If it enters the white circle, it implies that your future is bright. And if it enters black circle, it means your future is dark." .

So saying, he started uttering mantras and after some time, the ant really started moving. The young man was looking at it, full of anxiety. He saw quietly till the ant moved in between the two circles. When it took a turn and started moving towards the black circle he got nervous. But, as the ant was about to enter the circle, he could not control himself anymore and suddenly picked the ant and put it in the white circle. 

Fortune teller got upset and asked, "Why did you do that, you fool?" 
But, the young man replied with confidence, "I am not a fool. I would have been a fool, had I continued to watch quietly my fortune moving towards darkness knowing full well that MY FORTUNE IS IN MY HANDS!"

Moral: Don't let anything discourage you. Remember, your destiny is in your hands. . . Act today, act now and act fast."

No comments:

Post a Comment