Friday 9 December 2016

Yogurt

Mr Gupta’s wife died when he was almost 45 yrs old. People urged him to remarry but he refused saying, "I have a gift from my wife in the form of my son. I will pass my life nicely with him."

When the son became able, Mr Gupta handed over the running of his business to him. He, himself would spend his time between the office and temple.

When his son got married, Mr Gupta became even more contented and handed over the running of the household to his daughter-in-law.

Nearly a year after the son’s marriage, Mr Gupta was having lunch; his son had also come from the office and was washing up in the restroom.

He heard his father ask for yogurt from his wife and she replied that there was no yogurt in the house that day. Mr Gupta finished his lunch and left for the office.

The son started lunch with his wife. There was a bowl full of yogurt on the dining table. He didn’t express any reaction, had lunch and left for the office too.

Nearly ten days later the son told Mr Gupta, "Papa, you have to come to court with me; you are getting married today.”

Mr Gupta was surprised and said, “Beta, I don’t need a wife and I have given you so much love that I don’t think even you need a mother. Then why this second marriage?”

The son replied, “Father, neither am I bringing a mother for myself nor a wife for you. I am only making the arrangement of getting yogurt for you. From tomorrow, I am going to live in a rental home with my wife and also receive salary from the office like a regular employee so that your daughter-in-law realizes the value of yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment