Tuesday 4 October 2011

Why me ?

When studying in a higher level secondary school, I was an average student. At the time, I opted for a science major, because I was attracted to biology. After final exams I learned I failed science. I was shocked by it.

All my family members blamed me for not studying properly. I felt alone. My friends who always used to be with me left me alone during this phase. My parents had got depressed and used to curse me. Everyone was blaming me. I felt all alone in this world. Dreadful dreams always came to haunt me. I was frustrated. I used to blame God - asking, “Why me. What I did wrong?” He never provides the answers though.

I became so depressed I thought about suicide. I prepared to die. However, when I started to go through with it, I thought, "am I a coward? From whom I am running? What would I solve by killing myself?"

Then and there, I decided to fight and make my life better. That's when God started to provide answers. After that decision, I continued with school while working part time jobs.

Today, I have completed my Diploma in Software Programming; I have gained experience working in different fields; and I am successful in my profession.

I thank to God for giving me this phase in my life. If I had not experienced such challenges at the time, I do not believe I'd be successful in my professional life. I learned to take challenges and fight them head on instead of feeling sorry for myself and thinking, ” Why me?”"

No comments:

Post a Comment