Tuesday 1 November 2011

The Fog

The other day I went out on a normal kayak paddle which I try to do a couple times a week. When I got there the lake was all fogged in, and this is Lake Michigan, so a big lake.

I decided to go out still because I love paddling in the fog and I was all ready to go anyways. I got to the entrance to the lake where I usually follow the shore, but this time instead I went out of sight to land out to the lighthouse, which on any normal day could be seen clear as day. This time I followed the sound of the horn with zero visibility.

In the fog you lose track of everything, direction, sight, and thought. the water is usually dead calm so there is no concentrating on the waves. I lose myself in thought. So much comes up. I'm not concentrating on getting to a point because I can't see anything. All I know is the direction I am going. I follow my compass and get there when i get there. It could be 5 minutes. it could be 40 minutes. That is why I love the fog.

Life is like a Fog, you tend to loose directions more often, stay calm & follow your instincts & persue your goals, it may take a little shorter or longer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment